Breaded chicken breasts are not only delicious when fried, but also very simple to prepare. Every single bite is accompanied by a mouthwatering and crunchy exterior as well as a delightful sense of freshness emanated from the lemon juice and the chopped parsley. These morsels of goodness can be accompanied by your favorite side dishes or tucked inside a crunchy baguette for a delicious sandwich. Let's get started!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 350 grams bread crumbs (we only used a small portion)
- Salt to taste
- 500 grams frying oil (we used Canola oil)
- Lemon wedges to squeeze on chicken when served
- Small bunch fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat Oven to 350°- 375°F - 176°- 190°C.
- Butterly each chicken breast and cut them into strips.
- Crack the eggs into a dish large enough to hold the chicken strips. Add salt to taste and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer only part of the breadcrumbs in a separate dish. More can be added later as needed. Doing this will keep what you don't need uncontaminated from the raw chicken.
- Dip the breasts strips into the egg mixture and then into the breadcrumbs. Make sure the chicken is completely breaded.
- Place the frying pan with the oil inside the oven to preheat to about 350°-375°F.
- Once the oil is up to temperature, carefully place the breaded chicken in the hot oil and transfer back into the oven. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces and place the pan back inside the oven for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the frying pan and rest of a rack allowing excess oil to drip off. Lay absorbent paper under the cooling rack.
- Plate the chicken on a serving dish and garnish with freshly chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!