The Best Woodfired Pizza Ovens Available
Fontana Forni is proud to offer the finest wood-fired pizza ovens available anywhere. More than 40 years ago we pioneered the world’s first indirect combustion oven, designed to save energy and cook food efficiently. Since then, we’ve expanded our line to include finely crafted pizza ovens and professional-grade pizza oven accessories for every need and application.
What Sets Our Wood-fired Pizza Ovens Apart From the Competition
Each of our wood-fired ovens includes the industry-leading quality features on which Fontana Forni has built its reputation:
- Bent-steel dome construction for maximum stability and durability.
- Solid-weld dome construction using 2.5-millimeter of 441 stainless steel and reinforced with a 5-millimeter Corten steel panel in the cooking chamber.
- A full 12 centimeters of insulation surrounds the cooking chamber (sides, back, top, and bottom) to maximize heat retention and cooking efficiency.
- Our unique cooking chamber, domed front-to-back and side-to-side, eliminates hot spots and ensuring uniform heat distribution.
- Maximum temperature rating of 900°F / 482.2°C - the highest on the market.
- Exterior is constructed using 2.5-milimeter 304 stainless steel. Painted exterior surfaces are electro-galvanized before powder-coating, providing superb protection against corrosion.
- A stainless-steel damper control provides maximum heat retention and precise temperature control.
- 100% designed and made in Italy.
- Optional authentic Neapolitan, Saputo pizza stones, made in Naples, Italy; exclusively available with Fontana.
- Optional with all the accessories you need to bake perfect pizza and keep your oven running well.
Fontana Forni offers both freestanding and countertop outdoor pizza ovens.
Our countertop pizza oven models are ideal for outdoor kitchens and are available in different sizes and capacities. The compact Margherita Countertop Pizza Oven holds two 10” pizzas or one 12” pizza—perfect for families and small gatherings. Our largest countertop model, the Marinara, holds four 10” pizzas or three 12” pizzas, making it ideal for outdoor entertaining and large parties.
Our freestanding wood-fired pizza ovens are perfect for outdoor areas where space is limited and for those who simply want the flexibility to bring out their oven when they need it and tuck away when they don’t.
Master Craftsmanship: The Fontana Legacy
Thanks to outstanding engineering, Fontana Forni wood-fired ovens burn as much as five times less wood than a typical ceramic oven. Since 1978 our master craftsmen have been building the most robust, durable ovens available anywhere.
Here’s what sets our ovens apart:
- Heavy-duty construction: All Fontana Forni wood-fired ovens have a bent-steel dome construction for maximum stability and durability. Our stainless steel and powder-coated painted surfaces are specially treated for long-lasting corrosion resistance.
- Innovative design: Our uniquely shaped cooking chamber is designed to eliminate hot spots and ensure uniform heat distribution. Our proprietary exhaust design allows smoke to exit, even when the oven door is closed.
- Handcrafted tradition: Each Fontana Forni wood-burning oven is designed and made in Italy by skilled artisans. We’ve been making ovens for decades longer than the competition.
- Precise temperature control: Our outdoor pizza ovens can reach 900°F / 482.2°C, the highest on the market, thanks to our stainless-steel chimney damper, designed for maximum heat retention.
- Maximum insulation: Each Fontana oven features a full 12 centimeters of insulation around the cooking chamber, for maximum heat retention; this makes our oven exteriors safe to the touch.
- Unparalleled performance and options: Choose from countertop or standalone ovens in different sizes and capacities, and from gas-fired or wood-burning models.
The Advantages of Wood-Fired Ovens
People have been cooking with wood fires for thousands of years. It’s practically in our DNA. There are so many benefits to cooking with wood. It imparts flavor into food like no other cooking fuel. And wood cooks food quickly but gently, preserving nutrients.
We recommend only using dry hardwoods like oak, maple, or birch in your Fontana Forni wood oven. Oak is a particularly good choice, because it burns hot compared to other woods.
Hardwoods work best in your wood-fired oven because they burn cleaner due to their low sap content. Hardwoods won’t dirty up the inside of the oven like other wood with higher sap content can.
Make sure the hardwood you choose is properly cured and dry as this will make lighting the oven easier. We strongly encourage oven users to buy local hardwood, since it is often the most affordable option that can be easily sourced.
The team at Fontana Forni invites you to hear what our customers are saying about our wood pizza ovens and explore all of our wood-burning pizza ovens for sale. Also be sure to check out our wood-fired pizza oven accessories. All ovens ship for free to US customers with direct purchase!
*Only available with the following models: Margherita Gas, Mangiafuoco Gas, Mangiafuoco Wood-fired, & Marinara Wood-fired.