Leftover bread must never be waisted. So many wonderful ways to repurpose this ancient staple, even if it is stale bread. Perfect for bread pudding, croutons, as well as something simple, and basic as bread crumbs. Dry the leftover or stale bread inside the gas oven or the wood-fired oven, and in no time at all, wonderful breadcrumbs are ready to be used in a variety of favorite recipes. Let's get started!
- Day old bread, or bread that Is leftover
- Salt to taste
- Small drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat Mangiafuoco Home Gas Pizza Oven to 350°F - 176°C.
- Slice the bread and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven. Make sure to keep an eye on the bread as it will toast all of a sudden.
- Transfer the bread into a food processor and begin to pulsate until even crumbs are formed.
- While pulsating one can add a good drizzle of olive oil and a little salt to taste. Incorporating some dried herbs is also an option.
- The breadcrumbs are now ready to be used for a variety of recipes.
- If not using them immediately, they can be stored in the freezer in an airtight bag or container for up to 3 months, stored inside the refrigerator for up to 1 month, or in the pantry no longer than 2 weeks. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!