Thai Red Curry Chicken
Quickly put together, this most flavorful Thai Red Curry Chicken recipe will most certainly become a family favorite. Simply stir-fry the vegetables, and add the chicken to the red curry paste and coconut milk sauce. Allow the flavors to marry and in no time at all, these mouthwatering and colorful ingredients are ready to be poured over a helping of fluffy Jasmine rice.
A few weeks ago my daughter Sara and I happened to be home alone, which is a very rare occasion. Sara, who is an excellent cook decided to make dinner for our quiet evening together. What a pleasant surprise when she quickly and effortlessly prepared all these beautiful ingredients. In no time we sat down to a mouthwatering dish.
Although we normally cook Mediterranean dishes, and more specifically we stick to Italian cuisine, this day we ventured and tried Thai food. Not a bit disappointed!
Needless to say that today marks the third time we make this dish, and we really hope that you will want to prepare it as well. So here we go!
- Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- Skillets / Wok
- Jasmin rice - about 75 grams per person uncooked
- 3 large chicken breasts, cubed
- 170 grams Red Curry Paste (about 1 1/2 4oz jars)
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 15-20 leaves fresh Thai basil
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 70 grams or 4 Tbsp. peanut butter
- Olive oil
- 4 green onions for cooking and garnish
- 1 zucchini
- 4 carrots
- 150 grams snow peas
- 200 grams green beans
- 450 grams sweet peppers or red and yellow bell peppers
- 100 grams peanuts, slightly crushed
- 1 lime
- Red pepper flakes optional
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the cast iron cook top of the Wood Fired Pizza Oven.
- Cube chicken breasts and set aside.
- Crush the garlic and grate the fresh ginger.
- Measure out the fish sauce, brown sugar and peanut butter.
- Cut all vegetables uniformly into thin slices.
- Slice the green onions thinly into rounds.
- Place the skillet on the cooking surface of the wood-fired oven and preheat.
- Pour the olive oil into the pan and add garlic and ginger. Allow them to sizzle.
- Add the red curry and mix everything together. Thai Red Curry paste is definitely the ingredient which makes this dish absolutely delicious. You can easily find it in the Asian isle of your grocery store.
- To the red curry, pour in the fish sauce.
- Once the oil and fish sauce begin to separate from the curry, add the peanut butter and mix it all together.
- Pour in the coconut milk and allow it to come to a soft boil.
- Add the chicken to the red curry and coconut milk mixture. Allow the chicken to boil for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, begin to stir fry the vegetables.
- Preheat a skillet or wok over the Wood Fired Pizza Oven.
- Drizzle a little olive oil in the skillet, and add tbsp or so of the green onions. To this, add the carrots and green beans to give them a head start.
- After about a minute, add the rest of the vegetables and quickly stir fry to your preference.
- Add salt and hot pepper flakes to taste.
- While the vegetables are cooking, boil the Jasmine rice.
- Once the vegetables have finished, add them to the chicken and coconut milk. Mix everything together.
- Place a helping of Jasmine rice in a bowl and pour the chicken and veggies over the top.
- Add additional crushed peanuts, green onions, sliced red peppers and a wedge of lime! Serve immediately and enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!