Roasted Potatoes - Patate Arrosto
Roasted potatoes are just one of Italy's favorite go to side dishes. Not only are they easy to prepare, but these morsels of goodness are incredibly flavorful seasoned with genuine herbs. A few sprigs of rosemary and sage leaves minced with the mezzaluna are all you need. Just a sprinkle of cayenne pepper flakes and some salt and in the oven it goes. You mustn't forget one of the very best parts, the legendary AGLIO IN CAMICIA, (unpeeled garlic cloves). Here is just one way to prepare this flavorful, classic side dish fit to accompany just about any meal.
- 2 Rosemary
- 4 sage leaves
- salt to taste - roasted potatoes can use a generous sprinkling of salt
- hot pepper flakes optional
- black pepper
- 1 entire garlic head broken into cloves - leave skin on
- generous drizzle of olive oil
- 500 grams potatoes
- 300 grams broth
- Preheat the Marinara Pizza Oven to 400°F - 204°C
- Par boil the potatoes by placing them into boiling water for about 3-5 minutes. This will remove some of the starch. With a perforated ladle take out the potatoes and allow them to dry on a clean cloth.
- Mince the rosemary and the sage with the mezzaluna or with a sharp knife.
- Transfer the potatoes into the pan, cut them in half, and generously drizzle with olive oil.
- Pour the broth over the potatoes and then toss with the minced rosemary, sage, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes (optional).
- Finally add the unpeeled garlic, "aglio in camicia" which will be one of the very best parts of this side dish. Toss once again.
- Slide the pan into the preheated oven and let the oven do its magic.
- Allow them to brown for about 20-25 minutes carefully turning them once or twice. They are perfectly ready when golden brown.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!