Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Roasted Brussels Sprouts must be one of our very favorite dishes to serve as a side dish, tossed with pasta, or even simply placed on slices of toasted bread. Quick, easy and bursting with flavor especially when roasted in a wood-fired oven. Perfect as a vegetarian dish or delicious when tossed with bacon, this tiny, round vegetable will most certainly become a favorite at your kitchen table. Let's get started!
- 700 grams brussels sprouts
- 100 grams bacon, about 3 thick strips
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1-2 sprigs rosemary
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper flakes to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat The Marinara Pizza Oven to 400°F - 200°C.
- Remove the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts. Cut each in half and set aside.
- Cube the bacon and place it in the preheated pan allowing the fat to render. Add a good drizzle of olive oil.
- Crush the garlic and chop the rosemary.
- Once the fat of the bacon has rendered, add the garlic, rosemary, cayenne pepper flakes, Brussels sprouts and salt. Give everything a good toss and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Toss everything after 10-15 minutes.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are golden brown and caramelized, remove from the oven and serve immediately! Enjoy!
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos!