Grilled zucchini are a perfect vegetable to enjoy when they are in season. With just a few simple steps a delicious, healthy and full of flavor side dish is prepared in no time at all directly inside the pizza oven. Perfect when layered on a crunchy slice of bread, delicious when added to a sandwich, simply amazing when placed on a pizza bianca, or tossed in a cold pasta salad. Let's get started!
- 3 zucchini
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- Small bunch of parsley chopped
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper, optional
- Preheat The Mangiafuoco Home Gas Pizza Oven to 375°- 400°F - 190.5°- 204°C.
- Preheat the cast iron grill in the oven.
- Slice the zucchini longways into strips of about 1/4th inch, as shown in the video.
- Chop the parsley and garlic and set aside.
- Arrange the strips of zucchini on the preheated cast iron grill and place it back into the oven.
- Allow the zucchini to grill for about 8 minutes, and then flip the slices.
- Once both sides have good grill marks, remove from the oven.
- Begin layering the zucchini, parsley, garlic, salt and olive oil.
- Continue layering until all slices are gone. Serve with bread, as a side dish, in a sandwich, over a pizza bianca, or simply tossed in a cold pasta salad. Enjoy!
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos!