Apple, Honey and Walnut Pizza
Hard to believe that Fall has arrived and with it the gift of delicious, fresh apples. What a perfect combination of flavors to make a dessert pizza topped with apples, honey and walnuts. Truly a perfect mix of flavors to welcome this season. Let's get started!
- 250 grams pizza balls (we have several Pizza Dough recipes on the blog)
- 2-3 apples sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 60 grams walnuts
- 55 grams brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 50 grams butter
- Preheat The Marinara Wood-Fired Oven to 750°- 800°F - 400°- 426°C.
- Thinly slice the apples in a bowl and toss them with fresh lemon juice to keep them from oxidizing. Set aside.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- On a clean flour dusted work surface, stretch the dough balls with your hands or with a rolling pin, as shown in the video.
- Place slices of butter over the stretched dough.
- Sprinkle part of the brown sugar mixture over the dough and then arrange the apples on top.
- Crush the walnuts and scatter over the apples.
- Finish by topping everything off with the brown sugar mix.
- Transfer the pizza in the oven, rotating it occasionally until all sides are golden brown.
- Remove the dessert pizza from the oven and drizzle a generous amount of honey over the top. Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!