You may be surprised to learn how to make stuffed crust pizza at home is not as hard as you may think. Stuffed crust pizza caught on in the 90s, due to national exposure from a mass-market pizza delivery chain.
Since that time, other pizza restaurants and even frozen pizza brands have jumped on making stuffed crust pizza. If you enjoy cheese, you can never have too much cheese on a pizza, even when it is hiding in the crust.
Why Make Stuffed Crust Pizza at Home
Homemade stuffed crust pizza tastes so much better than baking a frozen pizza or ordering one from a chain pizza restaurant. It is really not that hard to make stuffed crust pizza at home when you have the right ingredients and a pizza oven. Plus, you gain these benefits by making your pizza from scratch:
The key to the best stuffed crust pizza is all about the pizza dough. While you could opt for premade store-bought dough, making pizza dough from scratch is also easy to do and can be done a few days in advance.
You also get to handpick every single topping, from meats and cheeses to pizza sauce. Of course, when you want to go all-out, you could make your own homemade pizza sauce too!
Easier and Faster
You do not have to go online or call in an order and wait for your stuffed crust pizza to be delivered or have to make a trip out of the house to go pick it up. Not to mention, frozen stuffed crust pizza is never as good as homemade stuffed crust pizza.
There’s nothing fresher than a freshly baked pizza you pull out of your pizza oven with all the slightly browned ooey-gooey cheese and golden crust. As your pizza is baking, you also enjoy all the great scents of freshly baking pizza permeating the air coming from your pizza oven.
Make It Your Way
You have complete control over making stuffed crust pizza, including:
- Deciding what size pizza you want to make
- Choosing how thick you want your pizza crust
- Selecting what seasonings and toppings you want on your pizza without any limits
- Deciding how much cheese you want on your pizza
- Putting on the amount of sauce you want
Better for People with Food Allergies
You do not have to worry about whether certain foods came into contact with your pizza since you know exactly what ingredients were used to make your homemade stuffed crust pizza.
Why Use a Pizza Oven for Homemade Stuffed Crust Pizza?
When you want that truly authentic pizza experience, you must use a pizza oven to make homemade stuffed crust pizza. Additionally, using a pizza oven gives you that perfectly moist, chewy, and bubbly dough you simply cannot get when baking pizza in a conventional oven.
Other great reasons to use a pizza oven to make stuffed crust pizza include:
- Pizzas bake faster and more evenly.
- They are perfect for making multiple pizzas, one right after another.
- Pizza ovens make a huge difference in the flavor and texture of the pizza.
- You can have authentic tasting pizza whenever you want.
Fontana Forni’s Tips for the Best Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Use homemade pizza dough.
- Make your pizza dough ahead of time and store it in the freezer for up to one month.
- Use string cheese for stuffing the crust.
- Try stuffing the pizza with different types of cheeses.
- Experiment with different kinds of sauces.
- Create your own unique types of pizza crust by adding flavorings and seasonings to the dough.
- Ensure dough thickness is consistent.
- Remember to use larger pizza dough balls.
- Roll out the pizza dough larger than the size pizza you are making.
- Remember to seal and securely close the dough around the cheese.
When you want to make the best stuffed crust pizza, it is easy to find the perfect outdoor pizza oven at Fontana Forni. You can also use your new pizza oven to make traditional pizzas, baked breads, roasted vegetables, slow-roasted meats, fish, and more.
Explore our outdoor pizza ovens today or contact us at 877-842-9822 for further assistance.