Roasted Cauliflower, Butternut Squash and Chickpeas over Tagliatelle
Simply preheat your wood-fired oven to 425°F - 218°C, place the vegetables on a baking sheet with some herbs, garlic, hot pepper flakes and good olive oil and the magic is about to happen. Place everything to roast in the oven to caramelize, and serve it as a side dish or tossed with fresh homemade pasta all'uovo. Roasting vegetables in a wood-fired oven brings out the most intense flavor, certain to satisfy any palate. When looking for a quick, healthy and delicious meal here is a great idea. Let's get started!
- 1 head cauliflower (in florets)
- 800 grams butternut squash diced
- 260 grams chickpeas
- 1 yellow onion cut in slices
- 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary minced
- 2 sprigs thyme minced
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 Tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 bunch fresh arugula
- Shaved Parmigiano Reggiano for topping
- Preheat the wood-fired oven to about 425°F - 218°C.
- Break the cauliflower into florets.
- Dice the butternut squash.
- Slice the onion.
- Drain the chickpeas if using from a can.
- Mince the rosemary and thyme and place in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, salt, paprika and hot pepper to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the cauliflower, butternut squash, chickpeas and onions on an oven safe pan. Pour the olive oil mixture over vegetables and toss everything together. Drizzle additional olive oil over the vegetables if needed.
- Carefully slide the pan with the vegetables in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until golden brown and some a darker caramelized color.
- Once the veggies are well roasted, drop the tagliatelle in salted, boiling water.
- Place the roasted veggies in a large serving dish to which you add the drained tagliatelle or pasta of your choice. Gently mix. Place the fresh arugula on the top tossing everything together with additional olive oil.
- Top with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano and enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!