Beets are a common root vegetable loaded with wonderful properties, and simply brought to a whole new, and delicious level with just a few easy steps. Many express a dislike for this stunning red vegetable, but when correctly prepared it becomes a mouthwatering dish that can be enjoyed raw as well as roasted, boiled, sautéed, or even stewed. Today our beets will be roasted in the Mangiafuoco Home Gas Pizza Oven. Let's get started!
- Roasting pan
- Aluminum foil
- 6 large beets
- 35 grams balsamic vinegar
- 15-20 grams red wine vinegar
- 100 grams olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- Salt to taste - beets need to be well salted
- Preheat The Mangiafuoco Home Gas Pizza Oven to 400°F - 200°C.
- Wash the beets very well and remove the stems. Save the stems and leaves as they are delicious when sautéed or added to soups.
- Individually wrap the beets in foil and set them in a pan.
- Place the pan in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, rotating the beets halfway through. Check the beets about 20 minutes into roasting. To determine if the beats are ready and tender, insert a knife in the center. When it easily pierces the meat, the beet is done.
- While the beets are roasting, prepare the dressing by mixing together the balsamic vinegar and the red-wine vinegar with the olive oil, mustard and salt. Beets need to be well salted. Set aside.
- Remove the beets from the oven and allow them to cool long enough to comfortably hold them with both hands. Since the deep, red color will stain the skin, one can use gloves which can later be washed and used again.
- Peeling the beets is simply done by simply rubbing the very thin skin off.
- Slice each beet to a desired thickness and then stack them and dice into small cubes.
- Toss the warm cubes into the dressing and allow them to soak up the dressing for several hours, or better yet overnight in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
40+ Years of Innovation | 100% Made in Italy
Built to Last | Superior Design & Construction
Fontana Forni USA
1305 East Palmetto Street
Florence, South Carolina 29506