These delicious chicken wings are easy to prep, cook, and serve. Impress your guests with a quick dish that can be customized to whatever flavor profile you want.
PREP: 10 mins
COOK: 20-30 mins
TOTAL: 30 – 40 mins
- Fontana oven
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Temperature Meat Probe
- 12 chicken wings (12 drumettes, 12 flats)
- Dry Rub for Wings
- Celery and carrots for dipping
- Dipping Sauce (Based on Preference)
For Spicy Ranch Dipping:
- ½ cup of Hidden Valley
- ½ cup of Franks Hot Sauce
For Blue Cheese Dip:
- ½ cup of Sour Cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- Blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 450°F - 232°C. Place your skillet into the oven to preheat.
- Prep the chicken wings by separating into drumettes and flats.
- Pat the chicken wings dry and thoroughly coat with desired dry rub. Allow the wings to sit and rest for 15 minutes or so.
- Remove skillet from oven and place wings on skillet. Make sure that there is space in between the wings for proper cooking. Place it back into the oven and close the door.
- Cook for 10 minutes, remove skillet and flip wings. Place back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Check internal temperature of the chicken with meat probe. You want to make sure that the internal temp is no lower than 165 F. At this point the chicken is fully cooked.
- Now, depending on how crispy you like your wings, you can place them back in and increase your fire size to maximum. This will essentially broil the outside so that it becomes nice and crispy. This step is completely optional and will depend on the level of crispness you want.
- Remove from the oven and eat immediately.
- ****Optional step*** If you choose to toss them in a BBQ Sauce or other form of sauce, this would be the time to do so.
- Enjoy your wings either “naked” (no sauce) or coated with your favorite sauce.
Serve with whichever sides and dipping sauces you fancy.