Roasted Red Pepper Soup - Vellutata di Peperoni Rossi
Roasted Red Pepper Soup is a delicious, creamed soup quickly prepared in no time at all. What a pleasure to serve this luxurious, full of intense flavor and incredible depth of color dish. How wonderful when served either hot or almost cold, and plated with a touch of crème frêche, croutons and a nice drizzle of olive oil. Let's get started!
- 6 red bell peppers
- 32 oz Chicken or Vegetable broth or bone broth
- 1 large red or yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper flakes
- 100 grams heavy cream
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Crème Fraîche for garnish
- Croutons for garnish
- Preheat the Marinara Pizza Oven creating a nice bed of hot coals. Simply do this by lighting a good fire with seasoned, dry hardwood. It is precisely here that the red peppers will be charred.
- When there are no active flames present, place the peppers directly on the coals to blacken. Rotate them every 4-5 minutes, until all sides are charred.
- Once blackened, place the peppers into a paper bag, close the bag by rolling it up, and allow them to sweat for about 10 minutes. This process will allow the skin to come off very easily.
- In the meantime, roughly chop the onion and garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil into a preheated pot. Add the onion, garlic and cayenne pepper flakes, sautéing until just translucent.
- Remove the peppers from the paper bag. Peel each pepper making sure to reserve the juice into the bowl. Place a colander over a bowl so that any juice from the inside of the peppers can be collected and reserved for later use.
- Remove the stem from the top of each pepper to easily remove the seeds. If there are any ashes and seeds remaining, rinse the flesh of the peppers.
- Add the peeled peppers to the pot along with the onion and garlic.
- Pour the broth into the pot, and bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat source, and blend everything with an immersion blender until creamy.
- Let blended soup gently simmer for about 15 minutes. The creamed pepper soup will reduce and slightly thicken.
- Lastly add a bit of heavy cream, stir and get ready to serve this mouthwatering, velvety dish! When serving, plate it by decorating the soup with crème fraîche and delicious, crunchy baked croutons. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!