The final addition to our Super Bowl dip trio is here! And this is nothing like the canned stuff! Forget reaching for pre-made queso on the grocery shelf. Our fresh- from-the-oven version packs tons of flavors into one steaming app your guests will fan over.
Prep Time: 30 mins. (if grilling peppers)
Cook Time: 30 mins.
- Fontana Forni USA wood-fired oven
- Large skillet (stainless or cast-iron both work)
- Large serving bowl (if not using skillet to serve)
- Stirring utensil for mixing
- 1lb. spicy chorizo
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 chile pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 sweet Vidalia onion (diced)
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1lb. of white American cheese (cubed)
- 1lb. shredded pepper jack
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Fresh chopped cilantro (for topping)
1.) Preheat oven to approximately 350°F. Keep a very low temp by maintaining a small fire.
2.) Preheat skillet in the oven to get it warmed up.
3.) Place peppers into hot skillet and allow them to cook and blister.
4.) Remove peppers from the skillet. Place in bag for a few minutes. Skin and deseed it then dice into small pieces.
5.) Place chorizo in preheated pan and begin browning (stirring occasionally).
6.) Once sausage is browned, add the diced onion and stir until fully sautéed. Then add garlic powder, salt and pepper, cumin, and condensed milk and mix all together.
7.) Once fully mixed, add cubed white American and shredded pepper jack cheeses and stir.
8.) Once melted, add the diced peppers, red pepper flakes and mix together.
9.) Remove from oven, top with fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately with crostini, chips, crackers, veggie stick, or anything you love to dip with.