Mushroom Soufflé - Tortino ai Funghi
Tortino ai Funghi is a delicate and simple meal prepared in no time at all. A medley of sautéed mushrooms accompanied by garlic and parsley are quickly prepared inside the oven. The magic touch happens when the mushrooms are finally framed with a mixture of very fresh beaten eggs which quickly transform into an airy soufflé. Let's get started!
- 350 grams Chanterelle mushrooms as well as a few oyster mushrooms
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 eggs beaten
- 20 grams butter
- Small bunch of parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat the Mangiafuoco Gas Oven to 400°-425°F - 200°-218°C.
- Slice the mushrooms, chop the parsley and mince the garlic.
- Place the butter in a preheated pan, along with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and some of the parsley to the pan, allowing it to sizzle. Do not salt at this point as this would cause the mushrooms to release the water.
- Place the mushrooms in the pan, give a good stir and transfer into the oven to sauté.
- While the mushrooms are sautéing in the oven, prepare the eggs.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and whisk everything together.
- Once the mushrooms are soft and have slightly caramelized, remove from the oven, and add salt to taste.
- Scoop the mushrooms into the center of the pan, as shown in the video.
- Carefully poor the egg mixture all around the outer circumference of the pan.
- Place the pan back into the oven allowing the eggs to cook.
- Remove from the oven when the eggs have the appearance of a soufflé and have turned a beautiful golden yellow. This should take about 3-4 minutes.
- Top with additional chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!