Tomato Confit is an incredibly simple and easy condiment that can be put together in less than 5 minutes. Slowly cooked in olive oil at very low temperatures is the secret to an unforgettable confit. These tiny morsels of goodness will elevate just about any meal to a whole new level. With every bite, the symphony of flavors that explode in your mouth are truly hard to forget. Absolutely delicious over pasta, perfect in a sandwich, and mouthwatering when served over fish. Drizzle any leftover oil over salads, pasta or even a fried egg. Let's get started!
- 1 kilo mixed cherry tomatoes
- 15 garlic cloves
- 200 grams - 7oz Kalamata olives
- 375-400 grams olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 whole cayenne peppers or hot pepper flakes
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- about 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Preheat The Marinara Pizza Oven to 275°F - 135°C. Make sure to keep the temperature of the oven steady by simply using small pieces of wood to keep a small fire going. Avoid big flames to billow across the dome of the oven as you would risk charring the tomatoes.
- Place the cherry tomatoes, garlic and olives in a baking dish.
- Pour the olive oil over the tomatoes until 3/4 of the way covered.
- Add the sprigs of thyme, little brown sugar, cayenne pepper, splash of vinegar and salt. Stir everything together.
- Place the pan in the oven and allow it to slowly bake for about 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the confit from the oven. It can be served immediately with a crunchy baguette or jarred and used later for a variety of recipes. Perfect with pasta, over fish, placed on a sandwich and even on a salad. The possibilities are endless. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
40+ Years of Innovation | 100% Made in Italy
Built to Last | Superior Design & Construction
Fontana Forni USA
1305 East Palmetto Street
Florence, South Carolina 29506