Tagliatelle with Truffles - Tagliatelle al Tartufo
Black Truffle Tagliatelle are a delicious and refined primo filled with the unmistakable but delectable fragrance of the Tartufo Nero. The aroma of these very thin shavings will permeate each morsel, and make it an unforgettable experience. Tagliatelle al Tartufo are a very simple dish to prepare. Let's get started!
- Mangiafuoco Home Gas Pizza Oven
Oven safe pan
- Truffle slicer
- Black Truffle shaved
- 40 grams butter
- Small bunch parsley chopped
- 1 package mushrooms sliced - we used white button mushrooms but Porcini mushrooms would also be very delicious
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper flakes, optional
- Olive oil
- Preheat the Gas Oven to 375°F - 400°F - 190°C - 204°C.
- With a soft brush clean the Black Truffle if harvested from the fields. Set aside.
- Gently rub each white button mushrooms with a clean, dry towel removing any soil that may be present. Do not immerse in water as they are like a sponge. Slice and set aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a preheated pan as well as the butter. Allow butter to melt.
- With the help of a truffle slicer carefully shave the Black Truffle into the hot pan, and allow to gently simmer for about 30 seconds in order to allow the aroma to be released. Place the minced garlic into the pan and stir.
- Add the rest of the mushrooms to the pan, and give a good stir.
- Place the pan back into the oven and allow the mushrooms to sauté.
- In the meantime transfer the tagliatelle into the boiling, salted water. Gently stir. Once the water comes back to a good boil, the tagliatelle are done when they come to the surface.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven once they have turned a light golden brown. Add a ladle of the cooking water to the mushrooms. Doing this will introduce some of the starches from the cooking water to be introduced to the mushrooms. Not only will the starch from the water create a creamy consistency, but it will also prevent the tagliatelle from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Drain the pasta right into the pan and give it a good gentle stir and toss in order to evenly mix all ingredients.
- Plate the truffle tagliatelle into equal portions into a "piatto fondo" or pasta bowls for each serving.
- Sprinkle some of the fresh, chopped parsley over the mushrooms and drizzle everything with good, extra virgin olive oil.
- For the final touch shave additional Black Truffle over the tagliatelle and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!