What a glorious time of the year when pumpkins are readily available. So many culinary possibilities with this marvelous gift from nature. Delicious when roasted, but also mouthwatering when served as a creamed soup, incorporated in a risotto or pasta dish, and even transformed into a stunning dessert. Today our pumpkins will be sliced into wedges, seasoned to perfection with fresh herbs and spices and roasted in our wood-fired oven. Let's get started!
- 1/2 Calabaza pumpkin
- 1/2 Fairytale pumpkin
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 cayenne peppers - optional
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat the The Marinara Pizza Oven to 375°-400°F - 190°-200°C.
- Cut the pumpkins open and remove the seeds.
- Slice the pumpkins into wedges of about 1.5" thickness.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet.
- Thinly chop the rosemary, garlic and cayenne peppers.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin with the chopped garlic, rosemary and hot peppers. Season with salt, and drizzle a generous amount of olive oil over the top.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes. If the oven is a bit too hot, or the fire happens to be too active, simply cover the pumpkins loosely with foil for the first 10-15 minutes. The slices can also be flipped when nicely caramelized on one side.
- Once caramelized, remove the pan from the oven. The skin can now be easily removed.
- The roasted pumpkin wedges can simply be served as a delicious side dish, an incredible accompaniment when tossed with pasta, a filling for ravioli, creamed for a silky soup, or incorporated into a risotto. So many wonderful possibilities. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!