Quiche is a delicious savory dish simply prepared with a light custard consisting of eggs, cheese, milk and cream. Baked in a light and flaky pie crust inside our wood-fired oven, this French tart welcomes a great variety of fillings. Today we served our Quiche topped with cherry tomatoes, but it can easily be brought to a whole new level when accompanied by meats as well as vegetables. Mouthwatering when served straight out of the oven, but also incredibly good at room temperature. Let's get started!
- 4 large eggs
- 100 grams heavy cream
- 260 grams whole milk
- 15 grams butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt - remember that the cheese is also salted
- White pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 yellow onion sautéed
- 130 grams Gruyere and Gouda cheese - the larger amount was Gruyere
- Small bunch chives
- 230 grams cherry tomatoes
- 250 grams pie crust
- Preheat The Marinara Pizza Oven to 350°F - 176°C for 40 to 45 minutes
- If using homemade pie crust, remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out on a flour dusted work surface. Place it in a pie dish and fold the edges under. Flute the edges not only for appearance, but to seal the dough.
- Place parchment paper over the dough as shown in the video, and place weights on top. We used dried beans as weight. If necessary, place foil around the edge of the shell to keep them from getting too dark. Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes.
- While the shell is being blind baked, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg to the eggs and beat until smooth, making sure not to over beat.
- Pour the milk and cream in with the eggs, mixing everything together.
- With oven mitts take the shell out from the oven. Remove the weights and foil. Place the shell back in the oven for about for about 5 minutes if still soft.
- When time is up, remove the pan from the oven and carefully add the sautéed onions to the bottom of the baked pie shell.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into the blind baked shell.
- Sprinkle evenly with the cheese, and distribute the tomatoes.
- Top everything with the chopped chives.
- Once again wrap foil around the edge of the shell and place into the preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes. 35 minutes into it, remove the foil from the edge of the quiche, and place it back into the oven to finish baking.
- Insert a knife into the quiche, about one inch from the edge, and if it comes out clean, the quiche is ready to come out of the oven.
- Allow the quiche to set for about 10 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!