Pane Arabo Recipe
Via the Italian language, Pane Arabo translates as “Arab bread,” but this pita-like creation has Tuscan origins. This summer, our in-house expert Philip made these beauties for our staff *trust us* they were the perfect weekday lunchtime treat. Mangia Bene!
- Simple Pizza Dough Recipe
- Arugula (or Spring Mix)
- Vinaigrette Dressing
- Prosciutto Crudo
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 700-750
- Mix and toss the arugula or spring mix with the dressing
- Roll dough out to the desired shape, but make sure not to roll it too thin; you want it to “pillow”
- Peel the dough and place “naked” in the oven
- After a minute or so, the dough should begin to expand and fill with the air turning into a “pillow”
- As soon as it expands to a maximum, remove it before it starts to brown
- Carefully cut open the pillow with a serrated bread knife so that you have two “bowls” as a result.
- Turn both bowls inside up and top with mozzarella, then place back in the oven.
- Once the cheese melts, remove both halves, and in one of them lay a nice bed of salad.
- Top the salad with several slices of Prosciutto.
- Place the second half of the pizza on top of the other to complete the sandwich.
Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and cayenne to taste.
40+ Years of Innovation | 100% Made in Italy
Built to Last | Superior Design & Construction
Fontana Forni USA
1305 East Palmetto Street
Florence, South Carolina 29506