Decadent Grilled Peaches
Summer months offer one of our very favorite fruits. With their juicy and intense flavor, they are not only delicious when picked and savored directly from the tree, but become a magical culinary symphony for the senses when grilled on a hot griddle. The sear marks are beautiful for the eye and the heat of the oven brings the intense peach flavor to an entirely new level. Served with vanilla ice cream, this dish will certainly make its way back to your kitchen table over and over again. Let's get started!
Cast iron griddle
- 5 peaches
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 30 grams butter
- 5 sprigs thyme
- Ice-cream for serving
- Preheat The Mangiafuoco Home Gas Pizza Oven to 375°F - 190°C.
- Place the cast iron griddle in the oven to preheat. Check the temperature of the oven floor with the infrared thermometer.
- Slice the peaches in half and carefully remove the pit.
- Brush butter on the preheated griddle.
- Arrange the peaches flesh side down on the cast iron griddle, and place into the oven for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the oven and carefully flip them.
- Place a small piece of butter in the center of each peach and sprinkle with brown sugar as well as a few thyme leaves.
- Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes just until the peaches are lightly caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and serve with whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos!