The throw-together quality of chicken fajitas makes the meat dish so popular. While you will find the usual suspects here, including avocado, bell pepper, and onions, we threw in cumin to infuse the olive oil’s flavor, plus ground smoked habanero, one of the hottest spices available. Cooked in our Margherita wood-fired oven, the combination of all these ingredients makes these fajitas muy caliente!
- Chicken Breast
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Ground Chili
- 1 tsp Ground Smoked Habanero
- 1 tsp Salt
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Thinly slice 4 chicken breasts,, season the cumin, chili, smoked habanero, and salt, and place in a ziplock bag to marinate.
- Slice 2 Vidalia onions and 3 bell peppers and mix in a bowl, and mix with 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Combine the chicken and peppers, and onions
- Preheat your oven to 500 Fahrenheit and place a cast-iron skillet in the oven to preheat.
- Once preheated, remove the cast skillet and carefully place the vegetable/chicken mixture
- inside the skillet and return to the oven.
- Mix often to prevent burning.
- Once browned and cooked thoroughly (approximately 8 minutes or so), remove from the oven.
- Warm tortillas in the oven and assemble as desired; top with avocados, fresh onion, and salsa.