Sara's Apple Crisp
Packed with mouthwatering slices of fresh apples, and topped with a crispy oatmeal crumble, this delicious Apple Crisp will be a perfect way not only to fill your home with a heavenly aroma of spices, but it will also be the easiest dessert to put together in no time at all. Topped with dollops of ice cream, this apple crisp will certainly become one of your favorite desserts to prepare and serve in the winter and holiday months. Let's get started!
- 4-5 large apples (we used Pink Ladies)
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice - keeps apples form oxidizing
- 4 grams sugar
- 4 grams (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 40 grams all purpose flour
- 60 grams oats
- 80 grams sugar
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 146 grams butter (1 1/3 stick butter)
- 2 grams cinnamon (1/2 tsp)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F - 200°C.
- Peel and cut the apples into bite sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the lemon, sugar and spices to the apples, mixing together thoroughly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and butter with a pastry cutter.
- Add the oats, sugars, salt and cinnamon to the flour and butter. The texture will become sandy, having chunks of pea sized butter throughout.
- Place the apple mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the crumb over the apples.
- Set in the preheated oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the crumb is golden brown.
- Carefully take the dish out of the oven and it is ready to be served! Serve with a big scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more videos!
Follow us on Instagram and tag us with your culinary magic! We would love to see how you make this recipe!