In need of an easy dessert? This Apple Cobbler is so incredibly easy and will wow all of your guests. Give it a try!
Difficulty – Low
Prep Time – 15 min
Cook Time – 35 - 45 min
Servings – 10 servings
- 5 Apples Cubed
- 2 sticks of butter (Salted)
- 1 cup (145g) of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (72 g) of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (300g) Sugar
- (OPTIONAL) Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Ice-cream for serving
Preheat oven to approximately 350°F. You will want to keep a very low temp for this recipe. To do this, you will need to maintain a small fire.
- Cube the butter and initially coat it with flour using your fingertips. Next cut the butter into the flour by using your fingertip (or dough blender). Lift both hands up high as you do this. Gently tap the bowl onto the work surface to get the larger lumps of butter to come to the surface.
- Nest mix the salt and sugar in with the buttered flour. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the apples.
- Dice the apples and place them in a bowl. If they will be sitting for a bit top with the juice of half lemon (optional). The addition of citrus will keep the apple from oxidizing and will enhance the flavor even more.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to desired spice level and mix well.
- Cover the apples with the butter crumble. Shake the pan so some of the crumble works itself down with the fruit.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the crumble is a nice golden brown and the apples are bubbling.
- Remove the cobbler from the oven and serve with a nice scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy!